I was recently nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award by Laura from Boats Against The Current
. Thank you for the nomination! Here are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you, and link back to their site.
2. Post the award’s logo onto your blog.
3. Answer the 10 questions you’ve been asked.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers.
5. Set 10 new questions for your nominees.
So here goes!
1. Which book character would you like as a best friend?
Stephanie Plum from Janet Evanovich’s series of books. Her life is a comedy of errors but I
certainly wouldn’t get bored!
2. Is there any genre of book that just doesn’t interest you at all?
Whilst I will give anything a try, I’m really not that interested in Si-fi books or non-fiction books
about wars. I’m sure there are some that would fall into those categories which I would enjoy but,
in general, they really don’t interest me.
3. How did you name your blog?
Early on in our relationship, before we were married, my husband sent me a very funny drunken
text in which he called me his ‘Ginger Cat’. I wanted my blog to be anonymous when I first started
it and it seemed like a good name to use – me, but not recognisable by anyone else.
4. How often do you re-read books?
There’s not many books I re-read but I have a few favourites which I could read over and over
again. There are so many books published and so little time. I probably re-read a book once or
twice a year and the rest of my reading list will be books brand new to me.
5. Have you ever abandoned a book series half way through?
No. There are a few books that I’ve abandoned half way through, but never a whole series (or at
least not that I can remember).
6. If you had to be trapped in an elevator with three book characters, who would they be?
My first choice would have to be one of the Harry Potter wizards, maybe Mrs Weasley, who could
magic us out of the lift. My second choice would be Jeeves from PG Wodehouse, as he would
certainly have a clever idea about how to get us out of the lift (if magic didn’t work!). My third
and final choice would be Helena Henry, the ghost from Jana De Leon’s hilarious Mudbug series.
As a ghost, she would be able to walk through the doors and go looking for help to get us out!
As you can tell, I’m a hugely practical person, so rather than thinking who I would rather spend
time with, I’ve chosen 3 people who might help get me out of the lift quicker!
7. Is there any song that reminds you of a certain book?
This is a difficult question! I’m going to say ‘All By Myself’ when I’m re-reading Bridget Jones’
Diary. Since seeing the film, the soundtrack plays along in my head whilst I’m reading it!
8. Where is your favourite place to read?
Easy question – snuggled up in bed with my old-lady-style V-shaped pillow behind me and a cup
of tea on the bedside table.
9. Have you given any books negative reviews, and why?
I’ve only be reviewing books for a very short time and I have not yet had to write a negative
review. I try to appreciate the positives in every book and understand that whilst I might not like it,
others will do, so I hope that if I ever do write a negative review, I will be objective and not be too
10. If you could write your own memoir, what would the title be?
This is an incredibly difficult question. It would probably be my most often-used saying “Give
me one more minute, I just need to finish this chapter…”
1. Can you name 3 books that you would recommend to everyone?
2. Who is your all-time favourite character from a book?
3. Do you prefer paperback, hardback or E-copy?
4. What is the next book on your ‘to be read’ pile?
5. Is there any book which completely surprised you? If so, why?
6. Do you prefer to watch a film adaptation before or after you read a book, or not at all?
7. If you were offered a free book of your choice right now, which one would you pick and why?
8. What is the last book you read that you could not finish and why?
9. What book have you re-read the most times?
10. Whay book, if any, did you have to read for school but ended up really enjoying?
I am not sure who has or hasn’t been nominated for this, so the list is shorter than it’s supposed to be, and I may still be re-nominating, so don’t feel obliged to participate!
Karen @ My Reading Corner
Courtney @ Confessions of a Book Blogger
Amanda @ Chocolate Pages
Dot @ Dot Scribbles
These are all blogs that I enjoy reading and would love to see their responses!