Thank you very much to Book & Beauty Blog at The Readers Roost for the nomination.
I have to admit to forgetting all about this nomination (oops!!) but better late than never! Being relatively new to blogging I wasn’t really sure what this Liebster Award was all about, but it seems to be a fun way of getting to know other bloggers.
To recap the rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Thank and link back to the blogger who nominated you.
2. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions you have been asked from the blogger who nominated you.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers and set them 11 questions to answer. (I’ve been a bit lax with this rule because it’s difficult to find enough people who haven’t already done this! )
11 random facts about me:
- I have been married for almost a year. My first anniversary is in 10 days time!
- I’m a (non-identical) twin.
- I went to university in Northampton.
- My current favourite TV programs are Elementary, Scandal & Orange is the New Black.
- My favourite alcoholic drink is Morgan’s Spiced Rum & Coke
- I LOVE green tea, particularly Twinings Green Tea with Cranberry
- I don’t have any children (yet!) but I am about to become an aunty for the first time.
- I love reading. My husband laughs at me because I can get so absorbed in a book that I once failed to notice him turning on the Xbox and playing Call of Duty loudly next to me!
- I love to travel with my husband. I need a beach holiday every year to relax, but my favourite holidays are city breaks. We love exploring new places together.
Now for The Readers Roost’s questions to me:
1. What is your first memory from school? Sitting on the mat in my summer uniform for reading time.
2. Tea or coffee? Usually green tea, but I do have one coffee a day.
3. Do you have any pets? No. I live in a top floor flat which isn’t really pet friendly.
4. Where is your favourite place to shop for clothes? It changes frequently but at the moment Zara and Outfit.
5. Your favourite band? I don’t really have one. The CD in my car right now is London Grammar
6. Have you any tattoos? No.
7. Can you speak a language other than English? A bit of French, which I did to degree level. I can also read (but not speak) a little bit of German, Italian and Afrikaans.
8. What would you order at Subway? No idea, I’ve not been to one for about 10 years.
9. Your shoe size? 7
10. Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter? A bit of both. Facebook for friends and Twitter for blogging and conversations.
11. What do you (or would you like to) do as a job? I’m a lawyer. I would love to work in publishing or as a journalist (hindered by my lack of writing skills!)
Here are my 11 questions:
1. Adaptations – book before film or film before book?
2. Chocolate or chewy sweets?
3. Favourite holiday destination?
4. Do you prefer a Monday or a Friday off work?
5. Should tomato ketchup be kept in the fridge or cupboard?
6. What is your favorite childhood memory?
7. What is your all time favourite film?
8. Who is your favourite author?
9. Night owl or early bird?
10. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 things would you take with you?
11. What is your favorite season and why?
Now last but not least, the lovely bloggers that I nominate:
This is only a bit of fun, so please don’t feel obliged to take part if you don’t want to 🙂 And apologies to those nominated who have already taken part.
Thank you for reading and I hope you all enjoy taking part.